Advanced Photo Editing Course
Oﬀered by the MALTA PHOTOGRAPHIC SOCIETY
Conducted by Mr Ramon Sammut
- Colour Management – Understanding Colour, profile management, program settings and general attributes.
- Advanced Camera Raw – Featuring white Balance, gradient filters and tools, advanced automated setups, synchronizing workflows and smart channel selections via Raw.
- Advanced Selections and Masks – Featuring pro masks with layer nesting, path selections and professional cut off feathering.
- Mastering Skin Retouching – Featuring perfect skin care, wrinkle reducing, blemish removal and uniform skin complexion. (A special action will be given for free on the day for participating attendees). Advanced Hot Spot Removal – Problems with forehead hot spots, washed out areas (without detail), flash spill. We will address all these common problems through a basic universal workflow that works magic!
- Advanced Make up touch up techniques – Learn how to retouch make up; enhance colour, improve eyelashes, lips, eyes, and cheeks with a simple workflow. Shape dynamics – Featuring the liquify tool.
- Digital Light Enhancement – A special workflow how to improve the general lighting of a portrait; featuring, broad light, short light, Rembrandt lighting and paramount lighting. Must see to believe (PDF notes supplied for participating attendees).
- Smart Background Change – A smart workflow how to change a white background professionally. Making perfect pass-through masks through hair and veil. (PDF notes supplied for participating attendees).
- Advanced Landscapes – Featuring colour overlay techniques, high-pass filtration, and smart blend modes.
- Advanced Still Life – Featuring temperature balance, high key and low-key study, depth of field stacking and professional output.
- General questions and Answers via an advanced workflow covering past lectures.
Platform – Photoshop 2022
Course skill level – Intermediate to advanced professional level.
Target interest – Advanced digital editing / professional level.
The attendees should know basic knowledge in image editing and intermediate level in camera craft.
Notes – Provided by lecturer (soft copy PDF)
Work Images – supplied by lecturer.
Participants need pen & paper, USB stick, laptop (not necessary but highly recommended).
Certificate of Participation in Image Editing: Given only if participants fulfil the below:
Attendee must be present for at least 80% of the entire course.
Please note that this is an intense professional course aimed to serious participants who want to improve their photographic skills. A high standard of image editing knowledge will be passed on to the attendees.
Duration: 10 evening lessons (once a week – 90-minute sessions):
October 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th
November 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th
Class limit: 12 people
Freebees: Advanced action sets. These will be given free of charge to those attending this course.
Mobile phones should be switched to silent (attendee should be excused out of the room for answering calls).
No cross communication.
No file sharing within the lecture.
The fee for this course is: €150 for members of the Society and €175 for non-members.
Sessions will be delivered at the Malta Photographic Society, 137, Old Bakery Street, Valletta. In the eventuality that the Health Authorities issue any mandatory Covid-19 mitigation measures, and the course cannot be held at the club, the sessions will be delivered remotely or postponed to a later date. Your safety is our priority, thus in such cases, we need to take the necessary precautions to safeguard your health.
At the Malta Photographic Society, the tutors make sure learning photography is fun and informative. We want that learning photography is a rewarding experience.
The Malta Photographic Society reserves the right to shift any planned lessons from one date to another if the tutor reports sick, is unfortunately confined in quarantine, or for other personal justified reasons. In such a situation, the lesson will be postponed to another date as agreed by the MPS Course Co-Ordinator, the tutor and the students attending this course.
For further information, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 99001961.