1. The Society shall be known as ‘Malta Photographic Society’, as well as ‘Socjeta
Fotografika ta’ Malta’, having for its objective the furtherance of photography in all its
2. The address of the Society shall be 137 Old Bakery Street, Valletta VLT 1457, MALTA.
3. The Society is a Voluntary Non-Profit making and Autonomous organisation. No part of the
income, capital or property of the organisation shall be available directly or indirectly to any
promoter, member, administrator, donor or other private interest.
4. The affairs of the Society shall be managed by an Executive Committee comprising of a
President (Chairperson), Vice-President, Hon. Secretary, Hon. Treasurer and three
5. The Executive Committee members and two non-committee members to act as auditors
shall be elected at the Annual General Meeting.
6. A member standing for election to the Executive Committee or as auditor shall be
proposed and seconded by two members and a nomination form, fully signed by all three,
shall be submitted no later than four weeks prior to the Annual General Meeting.
7. A person who shows intent to stand for election to the Executive Committee, must have
been a paid-up member of the Society for at least six months prior to the closing date for
8. The Executive Committee has the right to evaluate members who present themselves for
election to the Executive Committee to ascertain that the member is compliant with
standing Club regulations. A member who occupies an important post in any other
organisation which could lead to a conflict of interest with the Society, will not be entitled to
stand for election to the Executive Committee.
9. The Executive Committee shall appoint a Certified Auditor, preferably a member of the
Society, to act as Consultant to the Hon. Treasurer whenever required.
10. All offices shall be agreed upon and decided by the newly elected Executive Committee.
11. Members of the Executive Committee shall be elected to office for a term of one year.
Members of the outgoing Executive Committee shall be eligible for re-election.
12. In the event of a vacancy occurring on the Executive Committee, this shall be filled by the
non-elected member obtaining the highest number of votes in the previous election. When
this is not possible, an Extraordinary General Meeting shall be convened to elect the new
13. The quorum for an Executive Committee meeting shall be four.
14. The Hon. Treasurer shall be required to draw up a Statement of Accounts for the current
year ending 31st December. This statement shall be Audited by the Society’s elected
auditors and presented at the Annual General Meeting
15. The Hon. Secretary shall present the Annual Report of the Society to the Annual General
16. Any Executive Committee member failing to attend three Executive Committee meetings
without justifiable reasons may be required by the Executive Committee to resign his/her
17. The Annual General Meeting of the Society shall be held in January each year.
18. An Extraordinary General Meeting shall be called by the Executive Committee or if
requested by not less than thirty members.
19. A quorum for the Annual General Meeting and Extraordinary General Meeting shall be one
third of the general membership. Should such a quorum not be in attendance the General
Meeting shall be held, with the same Agenda, fifteen minutes later and all decisions shall
be binding on the Society as a whole.
20. The adjournment of the Annual General Meeting or an Extraordinary General Meeting shall
not exceed a period of seven days from the original date of such a meeting and shall be
held on the appointed date irrespective of the number of members present and with the
same original agenda. Members to be informed by circular. All decisions taken during such
adjournment shall be binding on the Society as a whole.
21. Cheques issued by the Society shall be signed by the Hon. Treasurer and countersigned
by either the President or the Vice President of the Society.
22. A person applying for membership shall complete and submit a prescribed application form
accompanied by the relevant joining fee.
23. General membership of the Society is open to all persons over the age of sixteen.
24. Subscriptions, both for local and overseas members, shall be as follows:
(Effective as from January 2020)
One Year Memberships
Ordinary Member €40.00
Joint Membership (Married Couples) €70.00
Over 61 years of age €30.00
Two Year Memberships
Ordinary Member €70.00
Joint Membership (Married Couples) €130.00
Over 61 years of age €50.00
Three Year Memberships
Ordinary Member €105.00
Joint Membership (Married Couples) €195.00
Over 61 years of age €75.00
25. Members joining the Society after the 1st. July will pay half the relevant fee. All
subscriptions shall be paid in advance and fall due on the first of January of each year.
26. A member, whose subscription is still in arrears four weeks from the first of January, shall
be sent a reminder. The absence of a reply within fifteen days will indicate the member’s
voluntary resignation from the Society. Those re-applying for membership will be
considered as new members but will retain the categories they had during their previous
27. Any member can resign his membership at any time by indicating their wish to do so in
writing by letter or email sent from the member’s email address officially registered with the
28. The Executive Committee shall request any member to appear before it to answer
allegations of misconduct appertaining to any action which:
i. Is alleged to have harmed or attempted to harm the interests of the Society.
ii. Is alleged to have brought or attempted to bring disrepute on the Society.
ii. Is alleged to have gained personnel advantage from their position in the Society.
If the Executive Committee decides that there is a ‘prima facie’ case, it shall refer the case for a
final decision within twenty-eight days at either an Annual General Meeting, if this is due in that
period or an Extraordinary General Meeting convened for that purpose. The member/s concerned
shall be afforded full opportunity to state their case at such a meeting. If the case is found proven
by a majority of members attending, then the member/s shall be deprived of their membership of
the Society. If the member/s fail to appear before the Executive Committee meeting without
justifiable cause or be present at the AGM/EGM they shall automatically be deprived of their
membership and shall not be able to re-apply again for membership before a lapse of two years
from the date of such decision.
29. The Executive Committee shall have the power to extend Honorary Life Membership of the
Society to persons who in their opinion deserve recognition for special service to the
Society or Photography in general.
30. Should the Society be dissolved, trophies and any other objects shall be returned to the
donors when this is possible. Any assets remaining after settling liabilities shall be applied
to another non-profit organisation/s of similar aims or purpose as determined by the
31. Alterations of this statute shall be subject to a two-thirds majority of members present at
the Annual General Meeting or an Extraordinary General Meeting. Any proposed
amendments should be submitted to the Hon. Secretary at least four weeks before such a
meeting. Members shall be sent copies of the agenda at least two weeks before the date
of such a meeting.
32. Approved by the Annual General Meeting January 2020